Physical Therapy Near Decatur
At Civil Physical Therapy, we understand the significance and passion of maintaining an active lifestyle. That’s why we offer specific physical therapy services targeted to help passionate individuals continue their participation in sports or activities while addressing and managing any symptoms or pain they may experience.
What We TREAT
The list below, categorized by various joints/areas of the body, describes the most common pathologies….; however, our clinicians are highly experienced with treating many more conditions.
Services in Decatur
[page-generator-pro-related-links group_id=”71939″ post_type=”page” post_status=”publish” post_parent=”dekalb-county/decatur” output_type=”list_links” limit=”0″ columns=”3″ orderby=”name” order=”asc”]
Decatur is a city in, and the county seat of, DeKalb County, Georgia, which is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area. With a population of 24,928 in the 2020 census, the municipality is sometimes assumed to be larger since multiple ZIP Codes in unincorporated DeKalb County bear Decatur as the address. The city is served by three MARTA rail stations (Decatur, East Lake, and Avondale). The city is located approximately five miles (eight kilometers) northeast of Downtown Atlanta and shares its western border with both the city of Atlanta (the Kirkwood and Lake Claire neighborhoods) and unincorporated DeKalb County. The Druid Hills neighborhood is to the northwest of Decatur. The unofficial motto of Decatur used by some residents is “Everything is Greater in Decatur.”
Prior to European settlement, the Decatur area was largely forested (a remnant of old-growth forest near Decatur is preserved as Fernbank Forest). Decatur was established at the intersection of two Native American trails: the Sandtown, which led east from the Chattahoochee River at Utoy Creek, and the Shallowford, which follows today’s Clairmont Road, and eventually crossed near Roswell. A site for the DeKalb County courthouse was designated in 1822 in what would become downtown Decatur; the city of Decatur was incorporated on December 10, 1823. It was named for United States Navy Commodore Stephen Decatur.
During the American Civil War, Decatur became a strategic site in Sherman’s Atlanta Campaign. In July 1864, Major-General James McPherson occupied the town to cut off the Confederates’ supply line from Augusta. On July 22, during the Battle of Atlanta, Confederate cavalry under Major-General Joseph Wheeler attacked McPherson’s supply wagons and the Union troops left to defend the wagons. A historical marker at the old courthouse marks the site of this skirmish.